Case Nothing (from Chapter 12) – but in my opinion: a Nut Case

Each Case from our Book is numbered and listed here. You are welcome to discuss them. Feel free to take any side of any argument you want but remember to keep your writing civil. We will get further if we stay productive rather than destructive. And even though you may get very upset - I repeat: We will get further if we stay productive rather than destructive! Know up front that we will censor or delete if writing is beyond what we believe is civil.
btcbtc
Site Admin
Articles: 0

Case Nothing (from Chapter 12) – but in my opinion: a Nut Case

Post by btcbtc »

The mother of an Indian man planning to sue her and her husband for giving birth to him “without his consent” has said she admired his boldness. Kavita Karnad Samuel says she is happy to accept she is at fault if her son Raphael is able to come up with a rational explanation as to how they could have sought his consent prior to his birth.

Raphael Samuel, 27, from Mumbai, believes it is wrong to put an unwilling child through the “rigmarole” of life for the pleasure of its parents and has compared having children to “kidnapping and slavery.”

His controversial opinions, presented by himself in a series of social media posts where he appears “disguised” in a fake beard and sunglasses made headlines around the world. His mother has now addressed her adult son’s threat of legal action in a Facebook post. She writes: “I must admire my son’s temerity [big word, in what dictionary did she find it?] to want to take his parents to court knowing both of us are lawyers [obviously, he knows they aren’t very good ones]. If Raphael could come up with a rational explanation as to how we could have sought his consent to be born, I will accept my fault. I’m very happy my son has grown up into a fearless, independent thinking young man [really? he sounds like a dumbass to me]. He is sure to find his path to happiness.”

Mr. Samuel is part of the “anti-natalist movement” which is gaining traction in India as younger people resist social pressure to have children. [According to the article, the movement has hundreds of followers. That’s a movement? That sounds like a piss-puddle of other dumbasses!!!]

Speaking to The Print, Samuel said: “I love my parents, and we have a great relationship, but they had me for their joy and their pleasure [okay, let’s be honest, I don’t think anyone could get any joy or pleasure from him – that isn’t why they had him: they probably just wanted a tax write-off]. My life has been amazing, but I don’t see why I should put another life through the rigmarole of school and finding a career, especially when they didn’t ask to exist [yes, please, please I hope he doesn’t – his future children just emailed me and asked me to ask him to please not have them!!!].”<2>

CITED REFERENCES

2. “Mother of man suing his parents for giving birth to him ‘without his consent’ says she will accept the blame if he can offer ‘a rational explanation as to how’ she could do that”
Sara Malm, Tim Stickings. MailOnline: February 6, 2019.
Link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ponds.html (accessed February 7, 2019).